The workshop will provide a hands-on opportunity for participants to experience and identify critical aspects of crisis management.
Beginning with an introduction to the essentials of continuity planning and crisis management planning & preparedness. the workshop will then move into a practical simulation exercise based on a scenario comprising features taken from real-life situations.
The workshop will also include an opportunity to develop individual agency action plans to encourage immediate follow up action to improve practice and to develop in-house crisis management plans and exercises to implement the lessons learned during the training.
Managers with a responsibility for the efficient and competent management of their organizations. In particular this workshop is aimed at junior and senior managers who have a responsibility to ensure that if and when an organizational crisis occurs, they are able to manage the crisis effectively so that the day-to-day activities of the agency and their programs continue with the minimum of disruption.
– Identification of lines of communication – both internally within the
Company and to appropriate external organizations
– The process of decision making and the resolution of conflicts
– Making Meaning: Transforming a Crisis Narrative into a Survival
– Managing Emotional Arousal: Promoting Feelings of Resolve.
– Envisioning Possibilities: Creative Coping.
– Crisis Intervention with Individuals: Working One-on-One.
– Effective Crisis Management
– Crisis Intervention with Groups: Coming Together with Resolve.
external organizations- a disaster report form
– Crisis Prevention.
– The organization and management of the Crisis Management Control