This workshop covers the Six Steps to Success and shows how to enter a negotiation well positioned to succeed by analyzing the situation in advance, and building a plan that reflects reality. Topics covered include: Process View of Negotiations, the case for a Systematic, Analyzing the Negotiation Situation, Planning for the Upcoming Negotiations, Establishing Negotiation Goals and Objectives, Strategic Approaches and Planning for Negotiating Within Teams, Organizing for Effective Negotiation , Gaining and Maintaining Control and Closing Negotiations.
The workshop is designed to build and enhance three core management competencies:
- Relationship management skill sets essential to the successful development and implementation of negotiated agreements.
More specifically the workshop will explicitly deal with topics such as:
- Competitiveness with business entities within and outside their regions.
- How the better management of conflict and strategic relationships can substantively improve efficiency within the firm leading to improvements in revenue generation and profitability.
- Facing the fact that conflict is inherent to management of a firm.
- Facilitation of free exchange of ideas to promote and manage change.
- Succession planning with specific reference to family owned businesses that have hired non-family professional executives.
Interactive workshop including Power Point Presentation, video projection, and case studies.
The Workshop Schedule:
- Key to effective negotiation
- Negotiation Forms.
- Identifying Negotiation Opportunities.
- Determine What Is Negotiable.
- Transforming Obstacles into Negotiating Opportunities.
- Improving Perception.
- Types of Negotiation.
- Integrative Bargaining.
- Essentials of Negotiation
- Key Approaches to Negotiation.
- Principles of Negotiation.
- Basic Steps of Negotiation.
- Communication: Key to Effective Negotiating.
- Planning and Preparing for Negotiation.
- Negotiation Success Tips. Negotiations in the Middle East:
- Business Environment.
- Cultural Factors Affecting Negotiation.
- How Negotiations Work.
- How Negotiations Work in Practice.
- The seven pillars of negotiation wisdom
- Case studies on negotiation
- Basic attributes of conflict
- Forms of dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution processes
- Good and bad conflict
- Conflict diagnosis
- Conflict diagnosis and alternative dispute resolution
- Themes of conflict resolution
- Sources of conflict
- Communication and conflict
- Conflict identification
- Constructive and destructive conflict
- Impediments to resolve the conflict
Alternative dispute resolution processes